Red Fin Otocinclus (Parotocinclus maculicauda)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Red Fin Otocinclus
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
6.5 - 7.5
20 -25 °C (68-77°F)
- Red Fin Otocinclus, Red Fin Dwarf Pleco
Additional scientific names
- Otocinclus maculicauda, Parotocinclus steindachneri
- Mature males have visible genital papilla.
- A peaceful community fish that appreciates company of its own kind. Do not keep with predatory, territorial or aggressive fish.
- An omnivore, will take algae wafers, flake, blanched vegetables as well as brine shrimp and bloodworm. Not really an "algae eater", will only eat algae if there's no other food available.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a heavily planted tank, although it will do some minor damage to plants. Can live in a bogwood/stone set up also. Prefers cooler water and can be sensitive to water conditions.
- Peaceful and docile, will spend its time looking for food.
- A slender and small catfish with mottled golden brown colouration, a red spot is visible on the caudal peduncle which gives the fish its common name.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )