Threadless Blenny (Meiacanthus anema)
From The Aquarium Wiki
76 Litres (20 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
7.5 - 8.2
23.9-25.6°C (75 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Threadless Blenny
Additional scientific names
- Petroscirtes grammistes
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Indonesia, Philippines, New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and New Hebrides, Vanuatu. Reported from New Caledonia.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- It is not possible to visually sex this fish.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Should accept most small meaty foods such as brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Adults occur in estuaries and freshwater habitats, frequently where mangrove are abundant.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful fish which may be territorial towards its own kind.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongated fish with a large rounded head. It has a broad white stripe running from gill plate to caudal peduncle, the rest of the fish is dark grey in colour.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )