Queen Arabesque Pleco (Hypancistrus sp)
From The Aquarium Wiki
45 Litres (12 US G.)
7.6-8.9cm (3-3.5 ")
6.4 - 7.6
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males are larger and longer, females have white bellies. These fish have been known to breed in captivity.
- A peaceful pleco, but do not house with aggressive, greedy fish as these fish will not compete for their food and may starve. Best kept with similar-sized peaceful fish. Do not house with fin-nippers.
- This pleco prefers a meaty diet and will not eat algae. It can be a fussy eater but should take live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp, and may also take spirulina and catfish sinking wafers.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This Pleco prefers a sandy substrate with plenty of caves and low light. It can be kept with low light plants as it will not eat them. It is sensitive to water quality so should only be kept in mature, well-filtered tanks.
- A peaceful carnivorous pleco.
- A small pleco with a dark base colour and many thin pale yellow/white stripes. Shares the same colour pattern as Pseudolithoxus tigris.
- Many plecos are known as Hypancistrus sp. Many will have very subtle differences and be hard to distinguish, so until their individual species are identified they will remain only differentiated by their L numbers.