Tomato Clownfish (Amphiprion frenatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
7.6-12.7cm (3-5 ")
8.0 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Tomato Clownfish, Red Clownfish, Bridled Clownfish, Tomato Anemonefish
Additional scientific names
- Amphiprion polylepis, Amphiprion melanopus, Prochilus polylepis
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are larger than males and have black-toned flanks. Males are red all over.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This Clown can be aggressive in nature so should not be kept with timid tank mates, and should not be kept in nano set-ups. An anemone is not necessary for this fish to host. It will also host other corals including Frogspawn Coral and Torch Coral. Best kept in pairs.
Diet[edit | edit source]
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- A spacious tank with plenty of hiding places in live rock.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Aggressive towards other fish and other unpaired clowns.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Orange/red body (tinged with black if female). Single vertical thick white bar just behind the eyes. Oval shaped body and rounded head.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )