From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Torch Coral)
Alternative Names[edit | edit source]
- Torch Coral, Trumpet Coral, Pom Pom Coral
Tank Compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A good coral for beginners if in the right conditions, but must be kept away from other sessile animals as during the night it's long sweeping tentacles could sting them. Can act as a substitute host for Clownfish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Additional food can be target fed such as micro-plankton and baby brine shrimp.
Feeding Regime[edit | edit source]
- Once or twice a week.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Will grow best in a spacious tank with T5 lighting, but will survive with compact lighting also. Needs a diffused water flow as it will not tolerate high currents pointed directly at it, but will not survive in a tank with low flow either. This coral benefits from the addition of calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to stay healthy.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Beware of this coral's powerful sting, only handle with gloves! Mainly feeds at night.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This is a Large Polyped Stoney Coral (or LPS) that comes in both a brown form and a green form both with yellow. The yellow will glow under actinic lighting. They have long tentacles with small bulbous tips.