Sargassum Triggerfish (Xanthichthys ringens)
From The Aquarium Wiki
265 Litres (70 US G.)
25.4-27.9cm (10-11 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
Additional scientific names
- Balistes ringens, Balistes curassavicus, Balistes nitidus, Balistes notatus, Balistes elongatus, Balistes cicatricosus, Balistes heckelii
- Western Atlantic: from North Carolina, USA and Bermuda to Brazil..
- Females are duller in colouration.
- Keep only with fish that can stand its aggression. It is definitely not a fish for the average large marine tank. It will eat any inverts and may damage corals.
- This fish requires meaty foods including shrimp, squid and scallops.
- Feed daily.
- A suitable reef tank will suffice.
- Quite territorial; keep only with fish that can handle the aggression; best not kept with crustaceans.
- A blue-gray fish with blue stripes on the face. Dorsal, and anal fins are bordered with orange-red.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )