Worm Line Peckoltia (Peckoltia braueri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Worm Line Peckoltia)
Worm Line Peckoltia
57 Litres (15 US G.)
10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
6.5 - 7.2
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
- L121, L135, L305, Worm Line Peckoltia, Tiger Peckoltia
Additional scientific names
- Hemiancistrus braueri
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males develop small teeth-like odontodes which adorn the leading pectoral fin rays and the back half of the fishes body.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Do not keep with very small fish or fish with fry, will otherwise not bother tank mates. Can be territorial towards other Plecos, including its own species, however.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This fish does not make a good algae eater and in fact prefers a more meaty diet with food such as bloodworm with occasional blanched vegetables. May damage plants if not enough food is available.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Planting is not necessary but appreciates hiding places in wood and rocks.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Generally peaceful but can be territorial.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An attractive small Pleco which is orange in base colour with black bands. It can be mistaken for Peckoltia cavatica, but the P.braueri has better-developed dorsal saddles, has the head plates and bones completely outlined in black and with lines intense, has black vermiculations on the pterotic-supracleithrum, has at least one, broken band in the caudal fin, and has the marginal orange band of the dorsal and caudal fins not as thick or as intense as in P. cavatica.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )