Tandanus Catfish (Tandanus tandanus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
379 Litres (100 US G.)
61-83.8cm (24-33 ")
6.4 - 8.0
10-25.6°C (50 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Tandanus Catfish, Tandan Catfish, Dewfish, Eel-Tailed Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Plotosus tandanus
- Males possess a long cylindrical genital papilla and females a triangular one.
- A solitary fish that should be fine with fish too large to eat. Do not keep with very boisterous fish nor fin nippers. Works well for a species tank.
- A carnivorous unfussy fish, should accept most meaty foods. When small feed things like bloodworms and brine shrimp, as it grows move on to crickets and earthworms, should also accept sinking pellet food.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )