From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Bird's Nest, Finger Coral, Needle Coral.
- A peaceful coral that should not be kept with fish or invertebrates that may nip it, nor with any other corals that may sting it with their long sweeping tentacles.
- This coral contains the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae from which it receives the majority of its nutritional requirements through photosynthesis. It generally does not require any supplemental feedings but may pick up any other micro-plankton or foods designed for other tank invertebrates.
- This coral does best in an established tank. It prefers a high water current and a high light level (300 to 500PAR), so does best in the middle to upper regions of the tank depending on the lighting. Will turn a light brown or white when exposed to too much light. Getting this coral exactly the correct flow, light, and nutruent levels are key to keeping it a bright pink or teal color. Needs stable water parameters to thrive, and adiquate calcium to grow.
- A SPS coral that many pointy branches with small colored polyps all over its branches.