Yellow Fiji Leather (Sarcophyton elegans)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Yellow Fiji Leather, Yellow Fiji Leather Coral
- Although this coral does not have sweeping tentacles, it does need to be placed with reasonable space away from other corals.
- Yellow Fiji leathers contain zooxanthellae (symbiotic algae) and are therefore photosynthetic. However, they will benefit from occasional feedings of plankton and baby brine shrimp.
- Supplemental feed once a week or so.
- This coral can be sensitive to water conditions. It needs medium to high lighting with reasonable current. It also will require the addition of strontium, iodine, and other trace elements to the water.
- This coral is a good barometer if the water conditions in captivity have problems, it will close up and contract into itself.
- These yellow corals grow close to the rockwork, and will develop beautiful ruffles around their edges.