Pacific Blue-Eye (Pseudomugil signifer)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3.5-7 cm (1.4-2.8")
6.5 - 7.8
18 -28 °C (64.4-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Southern Blue-Eye
Additional scientific names
- Atherina signata, Atherinosoma jamesonii
- Oceania: endemic to Australia.
- The males of this species are brighter coloured than the females. They have elongated fin tips as they mature.
- Should accept most foods including small flake and granular foods as well as brine shrimp and daphnia and other small live/frozen foods.
- Up to three times daily. Generally a top to middle feeder, though they have been seen to take food from the bottom on occasion.
- Is fairly adaptable to most environments and do well in well oxygenated tanks with current. Prefers a well matured heavily planted tank which gets regular water changes.
- A peaceful and sociable community fish.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )