Polli Bichir (Polypterus palmas polli)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Polypterus palmas polli
284 Litres (75 US G.)
30-32 cm (11.8-12.6")
7 - 7.5
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Polli Marbled Bichir, Polli Shortfin Bichir
Additional scientific names
- Polypterus polli, Polypterus palmas congicus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males have broader anal fins usually rounder at the tips. While females have a sharper anal fin. Slender and normally pointed at the tip.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Marbled Bichirs are peaceful towards their tank mates as long as they're not small enough to fit into its mouth.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Bichirs are normally bottom dwellers. Usually hiding under or beside a driftwood or a rock. Some would stay afloat right next to floating plants or leaves.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )