Congo Tetra (Phenacogrammus interruptus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
5.1-8.1cm (2-3.2 ")
6.0 - 8.0
23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Males have longer fins and brighter colours.
- Good community fish for larger tanks, do not keep with aggressive fin nippers such as Tiger Barbs. Keep this fish in shoals of 5 or more.
- An omnivore that will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a large laterally spacious tank with plenty of open swimming space. Live plants would be appreciated to offer hiding places.
- A shoaling fish, will group with others of it's own kind in open swimming space.
- An attractive member of the Tetra family. The Congo Tetra is a popular addition to community tanks as it has elaborate long caudal, anal and dorsal fins and it's flanks shimmer blue, orange and red.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )