Dusky Panther Goby (Neovespicula depressifrons)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Dusky Panther Goby
189 Litres (50 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
7.5 - 8.5
22.2-27.8°C (72 -82 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Dusky Panther Goby, Leaf Goblinfish
Additional scientific names
- Apistes depressifrons, Vespicula depressifrons
- Can be kept with peaceful yet robust similar-sized brackish fish. Should not be kept with any fin nippers such as Puffers.
- Best fed meaty foods such as brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, ghost shrimp and bloodworm, either live or frozen. May or may not accept dry foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish is best kept in brackish conditions with a soft sand substrate. They are unlikely to survive long in freshwater. The tank should be well matured as they are sensitive to water chemistry changes. Provide them with plenty of safe hiding places.
- This fish is a relatively shy predator which is not a threat to anything too large to be eaten.
- This is a small Grouper-like fish often mistaken for a Bullrout. It has a large head and up-turned mouth and is mottled brown in colour with a creamy pale base colour. It has a light stripe running from the nose along the top of the back.
- These fish are members of the Scorpaeniformes order, this means they are venomous. They have poisonous glands at the bottom of some of their fin spines so great care should be taken when netting this fish and during routine tank maintenance.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )