Eight-Barb Loach (Lefua costata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
132 Litres (35 US G.)
9-10 cm (3.5-3.9")
6.5 - 7.2
18 -22 °C (64.4-71.6°F)
- Eight-Barb Loach, Eightbarbel Loach, Eight-Whiskered Stone Loach, Rice Loach
Additional scientific names
- Diplophysa costata, Lefua costata costata
- Asia: Lakes and rivers of Russian Far East, Korea, Northern Chian and Mongolia.
- Difficult to sex visually.
- Should not mind company of its own kind, and should only be kept with peaceful robust tankmates that appreciate similar water conditions.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish prefers a shallow tank with dense planting. Substrate should allow for burrowing.
- A peaceful burrowing fish.
- A very elongated fish with a bold black lateral line from nose to caudal fin on a pale brown base colour. It has 4 sets of barbels on its nose giving it its common name.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )