LC50 is a scientific term used in toxicology for Lethal Concentration causing 50% mortality in a group of test animals.
Other terms are LC20, which is 20% death in the group of test animals or LD50 which is Lethal Dose causing 50% mortality in a group of test animals.
- LD01 - Lethal dose for 1% of the animal test population
- LD100 - Lethal dose for 100% of the animal test population
- LDLO - The lowest dose causing lethality
- TDLO - The lowest dose causing a toxic effect
- See its use for example in the Ambient Water Quality Criteria for Ammonia paper.