Siamese Flying Fox (Crossocheilus oblongus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
12-15 cm (4.7-5.9")
6.0 - 7.5
22.8-27.2°C (73 -81 °F)
Additional scientific names
- Labeo oblongus, Crossocheilus siamensis, Epalzeorhynchos siamensis, Epalzeorhynchos stigmaeus
- Asia: Thailand to Indonesia.
- It's not possible to visually sex this fish.
- A generally peaceful fish that does best kept in pairs or groups.
- Likes to eat algae when very young, but soon prefers dry flake food, bloodworm, etc. However, this fish will not resolve an algae problem.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Likes a long tank with a moderate to strong current and bogwood décor.
- A generally peaceful active fish.
- Not to be mistaken for the more colourful Flying Fox (Epalzeorhynchos kalopterus) or the very similar Siamese Algae Eater (Crossocheilus siamensis). The Siamese Flying Fox has a smooth black band running down its length that does not extend through the caudal tail fin.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )