Trout Cichlid (Champsochromis caeruleus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
681 Litres (180 US G.)
30-33 cm (11.8-13")
7.5 - 8.3
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Malawi Trout, Trout Cichlid, Malawi Lion
Additional scientific names
- Paratilapia caerulea, Copadichromis caeruleus, Cyrtocara caerulea
- Endemic to Lake Malawi.
- Mature males are blue with some yellow/orange colored spots, long flowing anal and dorsal fins that may reach the tail. Females are generally silver with a black line that runs down the entire length of the body.
- Best kept with similar sized or larger Lake Malawi species.
- Pellets seem to be accepted well by them. There nature diet is small fish or lake sardine.
- Once a day feeding for adults will do and two to three small meals for young fish.
- A very large Lake Malawi Cichlid with an equally large mouth. See sexing for more details.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )