Blastomussa Coral (Blastomussa merletti)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Blastomussa Coral, Branched Cup Coral, Pipe Coral, Swollen Brain Coral, Pineapple Coral
- A peaceful coral that should not be kept with fish or invertebrates that may nip it, nor with any other corals that may sting it with their long sweeping tentacles.
- This coral contains the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae from which it receives the majority of its nutritional requirements through photosynthesis. It generally does not require any supplemental feedings but may pick up any other micro-plankton or foods designed for other tank invertebrates.
- This coral is hardy but does best in an established tank. It prefers a low water current and a medium light level, so does best in the middle regions of the tank depending on the lighting.
- Can be confused with Brain Corals and some Mushroom Corals. It has many round swollen discs that when open, resemble a Mushroom Anemone.