Cupid Cichlid (Biotodoma cupido)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
12.7-15.2cm (5-6 ")
6.0 - 7.5
22.2-24.4°C (72 -76 °F)
- Cupid Cichlid, Greenstreaked Eartheater
Additional scientific names
- Acara subocularis, Geophagus cupido
- Males have iridescent blue lines on their cheeks while females have spots.
- A territorial fish that can be aggressive, best kept in pairs with robust fast-swimming fish such as larger Tetras, Plecos and Headstanders.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Needs a mature well filtered tank that does not have too strong a current, must have plenty of caves in which to set up territories.
- A surprisingly aggressive territorial fish for its size. Best in male/female pairs.
- There are several colour variations of this fish, the most often seen is grey across the back with the flanks being iridescent and marked with transverse stripes that vary on boldness from fish to fish, in some they may not be visible at all. A black spot is located on the rear, upper-part of the fish. A black band runs through the eye from the forehead to the corner of the gill cover.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )