Snowball Pleco (Baryancistrus sp "L142")
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Big White Spot Pleco)
Baryancistrus sp "L142"
246 Litres (65 US G.)
22.9-30.5cm (9-12 ")
6.0 - 7.4
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Males have more pronounced pectoral rays with small bristles.
- Becomes increasingly territorial towards other Plecos and bottom-dwellers as the fish matures. Will be peaceful towards mid and top-dwelling community fish.
- Will graze constantly around the tank but generally will not touch algae. Feed a varied diet of algae or catfish wafers, blanched vegetables including courgette, cucumber and this fish shows a fondness towards sweet potato. Will also take occasional bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Needs a spacious and well filtered tank with bogwood décor.
- An active Pleco that will be most active at night and hide if bright lights are on. Will often sit near the outflow in the current.
- Can be mistaken for many of the other spotted Plecos on the market, can be differentiated from the others by its dentition, it has 4 large rasping plates that cover most of its oval mouth as opposed to similar catfish with smaller plates.