Astraea Snail (Astraea tecta)
From The Aquarium Wiki
- Astraea Snail, Astrea Snail, Astrea Conehead Snail, Astaea Star Snail
- Not possible. Can lay eggs in the aquarium which will appear as small white dots on the glass.
- Peaceful reef-friendly snail. An essential part of the clean-up crew. Avoid keeping with aggressive invertebrates such as Mantis shrimp.
- Grazes on algae, mainly cyanobacteria and diatoms. Diet can be supplemented with blanched spinach or lettuce, and vegetable based tablet foods.
- Can be sensitive to water quality, will not tolerate high nitrates or any copper-based medication in the tank. Prefers a tank with lots of live rock to craze on and hide amongst. Will be happy as long as there's algae for them to eat. Needs an SG of 1.023-1.025.
- Will be found constantly grazing around the tank. Must be observed regularly as if this snail falls on it's back, it will not be able to right itself.
- Olive green rough cone shaped shell, pale flesh. Has excellent camouflage when hiding in live rock.