Acan Lord (Acanthastrea lordhowensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Acan Lord, Lord Acan, Lord Coral, Acan Coral
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Known to sting nearby, less aggressive corals. Needs solid surface for expansion otherwise will not grow off of the chunk of rock or ceramic disk it is glued to.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- As with most corals it will get the majority of its sustenance from its symbiotic algae, although it does appreciate the addition of liquid reef food or smaller brine shrimp into one of its central mouths. Like most Large Polyped Stoney Coral an occasional target feeding of mysis will increase its growth rate.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Appreciates being fed once or twice a week which will ensure it retains its bright colouration and maintains full expansion.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Moderate light and low flow. Will die easily if stung by other more agressive corals.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Capable of stinging and inclined to do so.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A bony calcified under skeleton with a pillowy flesh with a depression in the center. Tenticals extend from the centers.