White Spotted Cichlid (Tropheus duboisi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
White Spotted Cichlid
208 Litres (55 US G.)
10-12 cm (3.9-4.7")
8.5 - 9.0
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Lake Tanganyika, northern range.
- Not sexually dimorphic. Males mature (display adult coloration) sooner, and tend to have an upturned, versus a rounded as females tend to have, snout. Ultimately, the best way is by examining the vent, which an expert can determine with
- although aggressive with conspecifics, it is compatibly peaceful with other fish.
- Herbivorous, herbivore food, as well as vegetable leafs, will suffice.
- Typical rocky Tanganyikan tank.
- Reputed to be aggressive, these are fairly peaceful to most tankmates, with aggression reserved to tankmates with whom it will establish a pecking order with.
- As juveniles these fish are black with white spots. As they turn older, they will lose the spots, develop a blue head, and gain a vertical band down the middle - the band is yellow if the fish is from Tanzania, and white if from Burundi.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )