Golden Zebra Loach (Sinibotia robusta)
From The Aquarium Wiki
132 Litres (35 US G.)
15-18 cm (5.9-7.1")
7.0 - 7.8
18 -24 °C (64.4-75.2°F)
- Chinese Golden Zebra Loach, Golden Zebra Loach
Additional scientific names
- Botia robusta
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to sex, and breeding is not known in captivity. Mature females may have a thicker body than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Gets along with most fish but can be boisterous so needs to be mixed with similar sized fish. This fish benefits from the company of a small shoal of its own kind.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will eat most tropical fish food including plant pellets, algae wafers, live and frozen foods (bloodworm, brine shrimp etc.)
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed at lights out when they are most active.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires extremely aerated and fast flowing water and pristine water conditions to be most active and happy. Spawning behaviour can be induced with a water change the previous night and water flow reduced at dawn. No recorded spawning has occurred in the aquarium with this species.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A nocturnal fish best observed at dusk and early evening. True bottom feeder, rarely ventures to the middle of the tank. Peaceful species but due to their size and speed can be boisterous if not deliberately harming other tank mates.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Sand/golden colour with darker stripes and Elongated nose with 3 stripes. Commonly misidentified with Botia striata and Sinibotia superciliaris.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )