Batik Loach (Mesonoemacheilus triangularis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
76 Litres (20 US G.)
7.6-12.7cm (3-5 ")
6.8 - 7.2
23.9-26.7°C (75 -80 °F)
- Batik Loach, Zodiac Loach
Additional scientific names
- Neomacheilus triangularis
Origin[edit | edit source]
- An Asian fish found in pebbly streams in the Kerala and Kanyakumari District of Tamil Nadu in India.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- It's difficult to sex this fish visually and there are no know reports of it breeding in captivity.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful Loach that prefers to be the only one of its kind in the tank, but will tolerate other Batik Loaches as well as other Loach species. Peaceful towards other tank mates but may pose a threat to small fry.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods, prefers live/frozen meaty foods however.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a well filtered tank with a sandy substrate to dig in. This fish is sensitive to water quality issues. Should be provided with plenty of places to hide.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful, but shy, Loach.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An attractive elongated fish, it has a pale cream belly and a brown body with irregular cream lines. If it becomes stressed or is scared it can turn a dark brown/black.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )