Marbled Otocinclus (Hisonotus paulinus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
38 Litres (10 US G.)
3.6-4.1cm (1.4-1.6 ")
6.5 - 7.5
24 -22 °C (75.2-71.6°F)
- Marbled Otocinclus
Additional scientific names
- Otocinclus paulinus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females will be broader when viewed from above.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful algae-eater, will flourish in a well planted tank with algae present, peaceful tank mates and hiding places.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Keep in a tank well stocked with algae for them to graze on. Will also eat catfish discs and blanched vegetables.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Twice a day if necessary, will graze all day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- A spacious well planted mature tank is best. Prefers rounded gravel to sand. No strong currents.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful fish that will mind it's own business.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Fairly nondescript little fish. Elongated and mottled dark grey in colour. Similar to Otocinclus in shape.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )