Pulsing Xenia (Heteroxenia fuscescens)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Pulsating Xenia, Pumping Xenia
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- These animals are said to peaceful and not posses any type of poison or toxins. Although these animals reproduce quickly so 4-5 inches of space should be provided between other corals. Also may shadow other corals.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Xenia contain zooxanthellae (symbiotic algae) and are therefore photosynthetic. However, they will benefit from occasional feedings of plankton and baby brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Supplemental feed once a week or so.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- This coral can be sensitive to water conditions. It needs medium (200 to 250PAR) lighting with reasonable current. It also will require the addition of iodine, and other trace elements to the water.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- This coral is a good barometer if the water conditions in captivity have problems, it will close up and contract into itself.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- These grey/purple corals grow in crevaces on rockwork, on glass and where every you don't want them.