Silver Hemiodopsis (Hemiodopsis immaculatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
284 Litres (75 US G.)
20-25 cm (7.9-9.8")
6.5 - 7.2
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
- Silver Hemiodopsis
Additional scientific names
- Hemiodus immaculatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to visually sex.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- An active fish that is generally peaceful, should be peaceful towards its own kind. Should not be housed with very timid fish as this fish's active nature may bother them.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Should accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish needs a very long tank with plenty of open lateral swimming space, some densely planted areas will make the fish feel secure. It needs a secure lid as it's an excellent jumper.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A very fast swimming yet relatively peaceful fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A torpedo-shaped Characin with a pointed snout and sharply forked caudal fin. The body is silver with blue/green iridescence. The fins are darker in colour.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )