Hammer Coral (Euphyllia ancora)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Hammer Coral)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Hammer Coral, Anchor Coral
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Must be placed at least 6" from any other coral as they will get stung by this coral's sweeping tentacles.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Does well with supplemented feedings of brine shrimp and micro-plankton.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a week.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- This coral is sensitive to water conditions and therefore is not recommended for beginners in marine. It also benefits from the addition of calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to the water.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- At night this coral has long sweeper tentacles that can sting any other corals or animals.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This LPS coral has anchor or hammer shaped tentacles, giving it it's common name. It is available in brown, green or tan in colour, with yellow or lime green tips that will glow under actinic lighting. Some varieties may be branched which makes them look similar to a Torch Coral.