Cheekspot Wrasse (Halichoeres melasmapomus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
303 Litres (80 US G.)
20-24 cm (7.9-9.4")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Blackear Wrasse, Earmuff Wrasse, Ocellated Wrasse
- Indo-Pacific, from the Cocos-Keeling Island and Rowley Shoals in the eastern Indian Ocean to the Marquesas and Pitcairn islands.
- Protogynous hermaphrodite.
- A relatively peaceful fish suitable for peaceful communities and is considered reef safe, although may nip at bristle-worms.
- Omnivorous, will eat flakes, and pellets.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with plenty of live rock and hiding places. Needs a deep sand bed typically used by that genus.
- Generally peaceful towards tank mates. Typical of wrasses, they can be kept in a harem with a single male. May get aggressive towards related species, but will tolerate other genera.
- This fish is pinkish, with a blue-green face filled with yellow stripes, and a distinctive black spot behind the eyes.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )