From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
|Required Lighting||Moderate - High|
|Specific Gravity||1.023 - 1.025|
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Meat Coral, Knob, Doughnut Coral.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This is a semi-aggressive coral and will sting other corals with its sweeping tentacles, so it should be placed with this in mind. Do not keep with fish or inverts that may nip at it.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This coral feeds mostly on zooxanthellae hosted within its body through photosynthesis. It will benefit from occasional supplementary feedings of micro-plankton and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed micro-plankton and brine shrimp when its tentacles are out in the evenings.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Very hardy coral. Moderate to low light (100 to 250PAR.) Moderate to low flow. Likes to be placed on the sandbed.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- There are various colour variations for this coral including most commonly red and green. The green variations being somewhat transparent.