Red Spotted Characin (Copeina guttata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Red Spotted Characin
95 Litres (25 US G.)
7-8 cm (2.8-3.1")
6.5 - 7.5
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Red Spotted Characin, Red Spotted Copeina, Redspotted Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Pyrrhulina guttata, Pyrrhulina argyrops
Origin[edit | edit source]
- South America: middle Amazon River basin.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are more vibrantly coloured than females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- An active fish that does best in groups of 6 or more. Keep with short-finned peaceful fish of similar size, but nothing that would be bothered by other active fish.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )