Borleyi Cichlid (Copadichromis borleyi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
12-14 cm (4.7-5.5")
7.5 - 8.0
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Borleyi Cichlid, Kandango Cichlid, Borleyi Goldfin Cichlid, Redfin Cichlid, Red Empress
Additional scientific names
- Haplochromis borleyi
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males have a blue face and head with a brown/orange body complete with a white band along the upper edge dorsal fin. Mature females and juveniles have different colouration, their bodies are steel grey with orange fins. These fish are mouthbrooders.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- One of the more peaceful Malawi Cichlids. Will usually mix well in a community of similar sized Malawi fish.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers rocky substrates with hiding places.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Fairly peaceful although the male can be hard on the females during spawning.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- See sexing. There are regional variations on colour.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )