Green Chromis (Chromis viridis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-26.7°C (72 -80 °F)
- Blue Green Chromis, Blue Green Damselfish, Green Chromis, Green Puller
Additional scientific names
- Chromis cyanea
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Coral reefs in the Pacific Ocean, specifically around Indonesia.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature males will develop a yellowish hue when ready to mate.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A relatively peaceful shoaling Damselfish, may get a little aggressive during spawning. Does well in groups and can be kept with other peaceful non-predatory reef fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- An omnivore that will eat a variety of foods including spirulina, pellet foods, and meaty foods such as brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Does best in a spacious reef set up with plenty of hiding places as well as open space to swim. Needs a salinity of 1.020 - 1.025.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- An active shoaling fish that does best in groups of odd numbers (5, 9 etc). Is often used as a dither fish, to encourage shy fish out into the water column.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An attractive oval-shaped fish with a sharply forked caudal fin. It is a striking blue/green - turquoise colour throughout the whole body and fins.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
|In a shop tank:||In the wild:|
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )