Royal Knifefish (Chitala blanci)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1325 Litres (350 US G.)
100-120 cm (39.4-47.2")
6.5 - 7.2
22 -25 °C (71.6-77°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Royal Knifefish, Indochina Featherback, Mekong Featherback
Additional scientific names
- Notopterus blanci
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This species eats live food or other prepared meaty foods.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish requires pristine water quality. It also prefers swift moving water, making high filtration necessary for this species' health.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A large growing nocturnal predator.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- These Knifefish are identical in shape to their cousin the Clown Knifefish and do have a small dorsal fin. Their flanks are deep grey with darker speckling. The belly is paler in colour.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
|In a pet store tank:|
References[edit | edit source]
- The Royal Knifefish - Chitala blanci July, 06 208 12:17 PM EST
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )