Elegance Coral (Catalaphyllia jardinei)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Elegance Coral, Elegant Coral, Wonder Coral, Ridge Coral
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Known to sting nearby, less aggressive corals as well as needing a reasonably large footprint for full expansion, so place it in your aquarium accordingly.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- As with most corals it will get the majority of its sustenance from its symbiotic algae, although it does appreciate the addition of liquid reef food or smaller brine shrimp into one of its central mouths.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Appreciates being fed once or twice a week which will ensure it retains its bright colouration and maintains full expansion.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Capable of stinging and inclined to do so.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Under actinic lighting, the fluorescent qualities of this coral are beautiful with lime green, blue, orange, or purple-tipped tentacles which vary between branched or round and bulbous shapes. The most common colour variety available to aquarists is gold with pink or purple-tipped polyps.