Emperor Loach (Botia udomritthiruji)
From The Aquarium Wiki
170 Litres (45 US G.)
12.7-15.2cm (5-6 ")
6.0 - 6.5
22 -27 °C (71.6-80.6°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Emperor Loach, Emperor Botia
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Known only from the Tenessarim River drainage in the Taninthayi division, southern Myanmar (Burma).
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature females are plumper in the mid-section than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This fish must be kept with others of it's own kind in groups of at least 5. It may mix with other Botia species as well as larger Barbs and Danios. Should not be kept with long-finned, slow-moving or shy fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including sinking pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as daphnia and bloodworm and chopped shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Does best with a soft sand as this fish will dig.
Identification[edit | edit source]
Pictures[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Practical Fishkeeping Magazine, Issue 1, January 2008, Interesting Imports by Matt Clarke, page 112
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )