Snakehead Betta (Betta channoides)
From The Aquarium Wiki
38 Litres (10 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
5.0 - 6.0
23.9-25.6°C (75 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Snakehead Betta, Cherry Betta
- Mahakam River basin in Kalimantan Timur, Borneo, Indonesia.
- Males are more vibrant than females. These fish are paternal mouthbrooders.
- A generally peaceful Betta which can be housed in pairs or groups. A pair needs at least 38 Litres (10 US G.), groups need over 76 Litres (20 US G.). Can be kept with peaceful tank mates but best in species tanks.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- These Bettas are quite tolerant of water chemistry but prefer soft acidic conditions. Best kept in planted tanks with plenty of hiding places and no bright lighting.
- A generally peaceful Betta.
- An elongated slender Betta. Males are more brightly coloured with a red-brown body, darker brown fins and the anal, caudal and ventral fins are tipped with white. Females are far more washed out and muted than the males.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )