Bubble Tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from BTA)
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Bubble Tip Anemone, BTA, RBT, GBT
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This creature will sting near by corals, and will consume anything that swims in its grasp. Clownfish have a symbiotic relationship with this creature.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Frozen foods, small pieces of fish, crustaceans, zooplankton, phytoplankton, and mussels.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Most bubble tips like bright light of at least 300 to 400 PAR and will thrive under more.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This anemone has long sweeping tentacles which are bulbous at the tips, and a vent in the centre that also acts as its mouth. It has a sticky base used to attach itself to rock.
Flow[edit | edit source]
- Bubble tips do not like strong flow and really dis-like strong direct flow.
Clownfish Hosts[edit | edit source]
- The following Clownfish are known to host this anemone:
- While other species of Clowns may host in them these are the most likely choices.