Batik Loach (Mesonoemacheilus triangularis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Batik Loach)
6.8 - 7.2
- Batik Loach
Additional scientific names
- Neomacheilus triangularis
- An Asian fish found in pebbly streams in the Kerala and Kanyakumari District of Tamil Nadu in India.
- It's difficult to sex this fish visually and there are no know reports of it breeding in captivity.
- A peaceful Loach that prefers to be the only one of its kind in the tank, but will tolerate other Batik Loaches as well as other Loach species. Peaceful towards other tank mates but may pose a threat to small fry.
- Will accept most foods, prefers live/frozen meaty foods however.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a well filtered tank with a sandy substrate to dig in. This fish is sensitive to water quality issues. Should be provided with plenty of places to hide.
- A peaceful, but shy, Loach.
- An attractive elongated fish, it has a pale cream belly and a brown body with irregular cream lines. If it becomes stressed or is scared it can turn a dark brown/black.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )