Yellow Tail Acei (Pseudotropheus acei)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Yellow Tail Acei)
Yellow Tail Acei
208 Litres (55 US G.)
12.7-15.2cm (5-6 ")
7.8 - 8.6
25.6-27.8°C (78 -82 °F)
- Yellow-Tailed Acei, Yellow Tail Acei
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males will have 3 or more yellow egg spots while females will have only one if any. Males tend to be slightly larger than females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Keep with other African Cichlids from Lake Malawi, these seem to be slightly less aggressive than others though, so a highly aggressive environment is probably not suited for them.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- In the wild these Cichlids feed on loose algae from rocks. They should be given a vegetarian diet that is low in protein. Algae wafers, algae flakes and blanched zucchini are all acceptable.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed twice a day, or 3 times a day for juveniles.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Provide lots of caves and a sandy substrate for digging. As with most Malawi Cichlids, the Yellow Tail Acei prefer hard water alkaline water with Cichlid Salts.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- As with most African Cichlid species, this fish is aggressive and is not suitable for a community tank.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This fish has a vibrant violet coloured body with yellow fins and tail. The anal fin is white and has egg spots.