Brandti Piranha (Serrasalmus brandtii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from White Piranha)
454 Litres (120 US G.)
21-30 cm (8.3-11.8")
5.5 - 7.5
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Brandtii Piranha, White Piranha
Additional scientific names
- Serrasalmus brandti
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A highly aggressive fish that should be kept in a species tank, usually only working with one individual fish. On rare occasions they have been kept with large Plecos or Raphael Catfish but this is not recommended.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will take most meaty foods including shrimp, fish such as silversides or other fish fillets (Feeder Fish are NOT recommended), mussels, squid, meal worms and insects, as well as pellets and flake.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A large and rare piranha. It's scales are silver or gold iridescent, occasionally with brownish tints, the head is depressed and the fins are mostly translucent. The anal fin can have a hint of red to it and the caudal fin can have a darker base. The eyes are large and silver.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )