Pearly Rasbora (Rasboroides vaterifloris)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Vateria Flower Rasbora)
76 Litres (20 US G.)
2.5-4.1cm (1-1.6 ")
6.0 - 7.0
25 -29 °C (77-84.2°F)
- Pearly Rasbora, Fire Rasbora, Flame Rasbora, Golden Rasbora, Vateria Flower Rasbora, Singhalese Fire Barb
Additional scientific names
- Rasbora vaterifloris, Rasbora nigromarginata, Rasbora vaterifloris pallida
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature females will have a fuller belly and be slightly larger than males. Males have brighter colours than females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This is a particularly shy Rasbora which does best in groups of at least 6 or more. It is best kept in tanks with similar sized very peaceful fish, nothing boisterous or very active. Fish such as Corydoras pygmaeus, Otocinclus and other small species of Rasbora would be ideal.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Should be fed small meaty foods such as brine shrimp and daphnia. May also accept small pellet or flake foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- These fish must have acidic water, they will not cope in alkaline conditions. They are particularly sensitive to water chemistry so should only be added to very mature tanks. They are best in heavily planted tanks with dark substrate and with soft filtration and plenty of hiding places. They do very well in tannin filled water with dried leaf litter on top of substrate.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A shy and peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small slender oval-shaped fish. They have a forked caudal fin and are a pale orange in colour with richer red colouration in the fins.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )