Dr. Tim Hovanec
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Timothy A. Hovanec)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
This man discovered the correct two species of nitrifying bacteria used in aquariums to break down ammonia in nitrite and then nitrite into nitrate and the invention of the BIOWheel® filter device.
He is the inventor of BioSpira (now called SafeStart) and the BIOWheel®, when employed by the Aquaria Group of companies, including Marineland Labs, and later went on to develop One and Only, a bacteria seeding bottle.
- Dr. Tim's Aquatics
- Marineland Labs in 2004 (Archive link)
- Curriculum vitae in 2004 for Dr. Timothy A. Hovanec (Archive link)
- The BIOWheel Story as in 2004 (Archive link)
- An interview with Dr. Timothy A. Hovanec
- The First 30 Days (of a new aquarium) by Dr. Tim Hovanec
- Dr. Tim's Library - with lots of articles on fishkeeping (archived link May 2007)
- Dr. Tim Hovanec talks on Bluezoo Radio - (42mins in)