Chocolate Cichlid (Hypselecara coryphaenoides)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Rio Negro Chocolate Cichlid)
246 Litres (65 US G.)
15-22.1cm (5.9-8.7 ")
5.0 - 6.0
22 -30 °C (71.6-86°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Chocolate Cichlid, Rio Negro Chocolate Cichlid
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A large and potentially aggressive Cichlid. Prefers to be kept in groups and tank mates must be of similar size and equally robust.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- A carnivorous cichlid that appreciates a meaty diet such as earthworms, shrimp and fish.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Must be kept in an acidic or blackwater environment. Will rearrange the tank, so only keep with solid decor and tough well-rooted plants. Appreciate large open swimming space and needs excellent filtration.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This fish is able to change its colouration depending on mood but it is generally dark-brown to black with a blotch centred above the lateral line and extending into the base of the soft dorsal fin. The body is elongate with a gradually elevated profile.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )