Red Headed Cichlid (Vieja synspila)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Red Headed Cichlid)
Red Headed Cichlid
284 Litres (75 US G.)
30.5-35.6cm (12-14 ")
7.0 - 8.0
24 -30 °C (75.2-86°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Red Headed Cichlid, Quetzal Cichlid
Additional scientific names
- Paraneetroplus synspilus
- Widespread throughout the Indo-Pacific region.
- Not easy to visually sex.
- Moderately aggressive, not for community tanks. Keep with similar sized aggressive fish only providing plenty of space for territories.
- Carnivorous; standard cichlid diet of pellets, bloodworms, and such will suffice
- Large freshwater tanks should suffice, as these fish can grow a size
- Moderately aggressive, as per medium-large cichlids
- A fairly medium cichlid that is red towards its front, and yellow towards its rear, with black spots towards the caudal peduncle.
- Paraneetroplus synspilus 2015 G1.jpg
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )