Red Gill Congo Tetra (Phenacogrammus major)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Red Gill Congo Tetra)
Red Gill Congo Tetra
95 Litres (25 US G.)
6-8 cm (2.4-3.1")
6.5 - 7.5
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to sex, males may have more vibrant colouration.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- An active shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more with other similar-sized community fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires a spacious tank with plenty of open swimming room and some hiding places.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful active shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongate fish which is silver in base colour with a darkened lateral line after the dorsal fin running into the caudal fin. The caudal fin is rich red in colour. There is a black spot just behind the gills.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )