Lesser Bleeding Heart Tetra (Hyphessobrycon socolofi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Lesser Bleeding Heart Tetra)
Lesser Bleeding Heart Tetra
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5-6 cm (2-2.4")
6.0 - 7.0
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
- Lesser Bleeding Heart Tetra, Spotfin Tetra
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are fuller in the belly than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in groups of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish, but avoid those with long finnage.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food as well as brine shrimp and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious tank with dense planting as well as hiding places and some open swimming space.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- An active peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Can easily be mistaken and mis-labelled as the Bleeding Heart Tetra, but is in fact smaller and slightly different markings. The Lesser Bleeding Heart Tetra has shorter more rounded fins and the white colour only runs along the top of the fin in this fish.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )