Ansorge's Neolebias (Neolebias ansorgii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Landgraf's Tetra)
38 Litres (10 US G.)
2-3.5 cm (0.8-1.4")
5.0 - 6.0
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Ansorge's Neolebias, Landgraf's Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Neolebias landgrafi
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are slightly smaller and more vibrantly coloured than females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Best kept in groups in a species tank as this is an exceptionally shy small fish. It may spend most of its time hidden and stressed if kept with other species, even if they're completely peaceful.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Feed this tiny fish with crushed flakes and small live/frozen foods such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish are quite sensitive to water parameters so small frequent water changes will be necessary and they should be kept in a mature tank only. They do not appreciate strong currents and need plenty of places to hide.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A shy peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small slender fish with an orange-red body and a thick band running down the lateral line which is iridescent green-blue in colour.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )